Workflows: Intake Form to Paid Project
What is a Workflow?
A workflow is a goal that can be accomplished by taking advantage of the platform's pre-built "Trigger/Action" tooling.
These Workflows are provided to you as general examples on how you may choose to setup your particular Workflow Logic.
IMPORTANT: Because each businesses logic and needs are unique, Workflows are not a 'canned' functionality that you can enable/disable, but rather a framework to help you configure your own bespoke creations.
Intake Form to Paid Project
This workflow generally takes the following path:
1. Intake Form, which you can completely customize, is available by direct link or is embedded on one of your website pages.
2. In the settings of the Intake Form, you will specify that on completion of the Form, a Project Profile of your choice should be executed. The Project Profile will automatically generate a Project based on settings you specify in that Project Profile setup.
3. Additionally, in the settings of the Intake Form, you will specify that an Invoice Profile of your choice should be executed. The Invoice Profile will automatically generate an Invoice based on the settings you specify in that Invoice Profile setup.
4. A user accesses the Intake Form, completes the form and submits the form.
5. Immediately when the user submits the form, the user is sent a Welcome email from your Portal which will confirm their email address, allow them to set a password, and then login to your Portal. (sending this email immediately is not required. You can optionally trigger this email at a later time)
6. Immediately when the user submits the form, a Project is auto-generated based on the settings you specify.
7. Immediately when the user submits the form, an Invoice is auto-generated based on the settings/amount you specify and is assigned to the Client/User that completed the Form. The Invoice is then available in the Portal for the Client to pay online (if you have a payment gateway configured).
The end result is that in one efficient action....
- The user has provided all the information you requested in the Intake Form.
- The user has been created as a Client in your Portal.
- The user has confirmed their email address, created their password and logged into the Portal.
- The user, who is now a Client in your Portal, already has an Invoice created and assigned to them, which they can pay online directly in the Portal
- A Project uniquely created and assigned to this new Client has been created according to your pre-defined specifications. Depending on your settings, the Client can view the Project Progress, can upload Files to the Project, and can even be assigned Tasks within this new Project.